Download the app for free at the App Store
(Apple) or Google Play
(Android) or rent from the museum's information desk (free for members).
The Asian Art Museum’s mobile guide is your personal guide to more than 6,000 years of Asian art and culture. Through audio and video, discover the museum’s masterpieces and collection highlights with museum curators or meditate on some of the museum's most powerful artworks.
The app includes four tours: Collection Highlights (55 stops), Masterpieces (15 stops), Meditative Art Tour (10 stops), and Changing and Unchanging Things: Noguchi and Hasegawa in Postwar Japan (13 stops).
An invaluable resource for your museum visit, the app is just as informative in the comfort of your own home or while headed to the museum on public transportation. It's currently available in five languages: English, Spanish, Mandarin (Traditional and Simplified), Cantonese and French.
- Interactive map showing where artworks are located in the galleries
- Audio in five languages: English, Spanish, Mandarin (Traditional and Simplified), Cantonese and French
- 40 new stops, all with curatorial commentary
- Descriptive audio of all masterpieces
- Ability to save "Favorites" and share via social media (feature not available on devices borrowed from museum)